Saturday, September 24, 2005

The why to live

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
– Friedrich Nietzsche

This is simply a different way of saying that we need to have objectives in our lives. If we know where we are going and have confidence that we will eventually reach our destination, we can understand and accept more readily that there will be bumps on the road that we must endure.

Here are a few possible life objectives that some people aim for:
- I want to be rich
- I want to be famous
- I want to live more comfortably than my neighbours
- I want to help as many others as I can because they will enrich my life

Consider four people with these four objectives, each on his or her deathbed. Which do you think will be most satisfied with their life?
Which will be more prepared for a life to follow?

Bill Allin
'Turning It Around: Causes and Cures for Today's Epidemic Social Problems,' striving to give people life objectives that will make their lives better, not just faster, more complicated or more risky.
Learn more at http;//billallin.com/cgi/index.pl

No comments: