Tuesday, September 13, 2005

How bad are you?

"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
- Samuel Johnson (English writer and lexicographer, 1709-1784

Johnson may take self-effacement to an extreme, but he does make us aware that we all have our dark sides, our sins, our weaknesses, our failures that we would prefer to not have on our "permanent records."

What is important is that we focus more on our good sides, the positive parts of our personalities.

Johnson's style of self-critique may be good to cleanse the soul, but only working on our positive sides gives us a decent life.

Bill Allin
'Turning It Around: Causes and Cures for Today's Epidemic Social Problems,' working to help each person put their life in pespective.
Learn more at http://billallin.com/cgi/index.pl

No comments: