Thursday, August 25, 2005

Know who you are

"I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe, and someone said I was a snake, I'd think, no, actually I'm a giraffe."
- Richard Gere, to The Guardian (UK), June 2002

This man knows who he is and will not allow anyone to twist his mind into thinking that he is something he is not. Nor will he stand by while others accuse him of being something he is not.

It is critical that we know who we are, as there are always others who will tell us who they want us to be. Inevitably, they are wrong and what they want of us is a bad fit.

We are who we are. We can become more, but only by our own choosing and our own efforts and will.

Bill Allin
'Turning It Around: Causes and Cures for Today's Epidemic Social Problems,' working to help each person understand who they really are.
Learn more at http://billallin.com/cgi/index.pl

No comments: